Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baby M's birth


I became a traveling doula to help my dear sis have her baby and turned it into a mini vacation to spend some time with family in my home town.
I have to say, my sis is so awesome, and one of the strongest women I know! She delivered baby M at 41 weeks, and had a great Hypnobabies birth. Other than a touch of pitocin just to get her labor going, it was completely drug free! Dad was a great support too, very involved and attentive, doing anything he could to help! They worked together as a great team!
Induction started with my sis already at 5cm, so the tiniest bit of pitocin was used. After she got to 6cm, the drip was stopped and her body did the rest on it's own. Baby had some slight positioning issues and a nuchal hand, but nothing that caused too much of an issue. Baby M was born at 3:11am on July 8th weighing in at 7lbs 14.9oz, and 18 3/4 inches long.
His birth is not the first birth I have attended, but this was the first that actually counted toward my certification. It was great to put into practice all the new tricks I've learned from my training and get to see the benefits!
It was such a blessing to get to be a part of this birth! Pics soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment